Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Blog and Website On The Move

For anyone who has been following this site, I am happy to let you know that my blog and website are on the move. As from this week I will be publishing regular short comments on the financial markets and the latest views of leading professional investors at a new home, named II Today. I expect to post comments far more frequently on the new site than on this one. The latest comment can be found here.

All the posts published here over the last 18 months have also been archived to the new site, which you can find by following this link. Alternatively simply paste the URL http://iidaily.wordpress.com into your browser. As now there are two ways you can sign up to be notified every time a new item has been posted. One is to sign in with your email address in the Follow By Email window on the right hand side of the new site. The other is to click the RSS feed symbol just above it and wait for a confirmatory email. Further publishing options will become available in due course.

In a few days, meanwhile, this URL will become home to the new Independent Investor website. The final bugs of the new site are being ironed out, but you can see the outline by following this link, or putting the URL http://dev.independent-investor.com into your browser. Although the new site should display well with most browsers, it has been designed with Mozilla Firefox specifically in mind, and is best viewed in that way.

Please accept my apologies if you come across glitches in either the blog or the new website. There are bound to be some some. The new newsletter I have been promising for months I expect to become open to paid subscribers very shortly. Do feel free to let me know if you are interested in becoming a paid subscriber.

The online subscription service will contain exclusive Q and As with many of the leading professional investors I have come to know and respect over the last 30 years, together with guest columns and my own considered thoughts on recent market developments. The new Independent Investor website also has more detail on my other publishing and investment activities.

I very much hope that over time both the blog and the paid-for newsletter will become known as a home for high quality investment content. In any event I look forward to your continued support. These days the world of publishing is changing almost as fast as the financial markets themselves and that is creating many exciting new opportunities for those of us involved in both activities.